We have developed a server using SSD disk technology while retaining the data protection offered by APY STG products while remaining within a contained price range.
APY STG12 FULL SSD servers offer the same security and administration features as all APY STG servers:
- The data storage volumes as well as the system volume are secured. The operating system manages disk redundancy by software, which enables faster reconstruction when replacing hard drives
- The reporting of alerts by email allows you to monitor the proper functioning of the server remotely.
- Replacement disks as well as an inverter are systematically offered
- All APY STG FULL SSD servers can be managed remotely through an IPMI interface
- Administration and configuration of APY STG FULL SSD servers is done via a web interface.
The advantages of SSD (Solid State Disk) disks over hard disks are well established: faster access times (no mechanics), higher speeds, reliability…and they do not suffer from performance drops related to data splitting.
The performance of the APY STG12 FULL SSD server therefore remains very high and does not decline over time.
We wanted to promote the speeds of the APY STG12 FULL SSD server in a range of use that specifically corresponds to the needs of our customers in post-production as well as 3D and special effects studios.
Speeds of more than 4 Gbytes/s in random mode are reached as soon as data exchanges of more than 128 Kbytes are used, which corresponds to files of the type: image sequence, 3D database or VFX.